One of the prime reason why I choose to watch certain movie titles in Cinema is for the Immersive experience, not only in visual but also in terms of sound. Because sound is what keeps you alive and gets you pumped. Not the average sound system but the next level sound systems, Surround Sound like the Dolby 5.1, 7.1 and not to mention Dolby Atmos, which is taking sound seriously. And I’d say, that’s still a missing factor when it comes to consuming media at home.
But hold your horses. Netflix, the popular Video On Demand is now kicking things up a notch with Dolby Atmos. One of the film that appeared in the popular Cannes Film Festival, Okja is Netflix’s first content to have it and it’s now available. Okja is a movie, where a young girl named Mija, does everything to save her best friend, a humongous animal Okja for the Multinational Company. Netflix said that they will be adding more support for Dolby Atmos for a selected titles in the future. Some of the other titles that Netflix is planning to offer other than Okja will be BLAME! (July 28), Death Note (August 25), Bright (December) and Wheelman (2017).
Dolby Atmos enabled content for Netflix is supported on the XBox One, XBox One S and LG’s 2017 OLED TV Series. Don’t worry because there’s more devices that’ll be added onto the list in the future.
Not only that. With HDR appearing on every products in the current Market, they’ve also released an update with HDR support with compatible devices, like the LG G6 and Samsung Galaxy S8 and so on. The 4K video with the HDR technology along with the Dolby Atmos support is literally bringing the immersive feel to your room and on your mobile.
But to make all these work, do take note that your Netflix account is subscribed to “4 Screens + UHD” Plan. If you haven’t, just upgrade your plan. Set the streaming quality to High or Auto. Simple as that. On setting up the Dolby Atmos, check out Netflix Support page for more or click here.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Jaya Prithivi Raj
Jayaa Prithivi Raaj, also known as Vesper is the Founder of The Adventures of Vesper. Born in Kuala Lumpur, and has been passionate about technology ever since he was young. Hence why Prithivi started The Adventures of Vesper. It's still young and still going strong.
- Acer Malaysia Unveils the new Veriton, TravelMate and Chromebook Spin Devices
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Returns on 5th April 2019!
- Meet Sudio Klar, their new Active Noise Cancelling Headphones
- Cloud 101: Virtual Private Cloud – What is it?
- Tis’ the Season to go ROGue on Christmas with Republic of Gamers!