Microsoft has launched its latest product: the Surface Book 2, in Malaysia. A total of seven variants will be made available for purchase in the country.
The Most Powerful Surface Ever…
The least powerful of the five variants, is the 13.5-inch Intel Core i5-7300U processor version. Its PixelSense display sports a resolution up to 3240 x 2160 with a 3:2 aspect ratio. Memory wise, it sports 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. Graphics is handled by an Intel HD 620 integrated GPU. Next, we have the 13.5-inch Surface Book 2 running on an 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8650U processor. It comes in three different memory configurations: 8GB / 16GB / 16GB of RAM coupled with 256GB / 512GB / 1TB of storage. On top of that, all three models pack a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 2GB graphics card.
Microsoft is also releasing the top of the line 15-inch models in Malaysia. Specs include an 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8650U with a 15-inch PixelSense display. Under the hood, the 15-inch model sports 8GB / 16GB of RAM and 256GB / 512GB / 1TB of internal storage. Unlike the 13-inch variants, these three pack a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB of GDDR5 graphics memory.
Other features of the Surface Book 2 which can found throughout all the variants, are two USB Type A ports, one USB Type C, one SD card reader, and also two Surface Connect ports. It is also rated to survive up to 17 hours on a single charge, though this is in terms of continuous video playback. Also, the 2-in-1 detachable laptop works with the Surface Pen and Surface Dial. There is only one colour option to choose from, which happens to be Platinum.
As far as pricing is concerned, the laptops won’t be cheap. The 13-inch models are priced at RM6,899, RM8,899, RM 11,199 and RM13,399. Meanwhile, the 15-inch variants will retail for RM10,799, RM12,499 and RM14,199. All five variants are currently available for pre-order and are expected to be delivered from 15th March onwards.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- iPhone XR Launched: “More Affordable” Version For The Masses?
- iPhone XS & iPhone XS Max Official: Same Design, New Internals
- Imported Xiaomi Smartphones Will Not be able to Flash Global ROM
- Pocophone F1 Review: The Flagship Killer’s Killer
- IFA 2018: Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless is an Audiophile Dream Come True