From today onwards, AMD will be pushing out the new Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Driver 18.Q2.
Better Security For IT Professionals
The new software update will provide performance and security improvements in applications frequently used by professionals. This includes applications such as CATIA, Creo and Siemens NX. This update is in line with AMD’s promise to deliver driver updates every quarter.
Among the improvements AMD has highlighted including increased performance. According to the hardware manufacturer, year-over-year performance for professional applications has improved by up to 47 percent. Also, users can expect better stability from their applications. Enterprise software certification has been granted to over 80 professional applications thanks to AMD’s ISV certification. Moreover, advanced security features will be introduced through the update. These features will work together with Windows Defender Device Guard, resulting in added protection for your device.
The Windows 10 April 2018 update is also supported by the 18.Q2 driver. AMD is also introducing updated Windows and Linux version of the Radeon ProRender plug-in for Blender. Furthermore, an updated version of the plug-in for Maya, and the Radeon ProRender plug-in for 3ds Max has been gotten a bump in software. With these plug-ins, support for volumetrics and interactive denoising will be available. Ultimately, this will aid artists in accelerating their workflows .
Supported AMD Products
According to AMD, the upcoming Radeon Pro will support the following hardware:
Packaged Driver Version
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2 installation package contains the following. For Microsoft Windows® 10, Microsoft Windows® 7, Microsoft Windows® Server 2016 and Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 R2:
• WHQL Driver Packaging Version: 18.10.01.13
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2 is designed to support the following APIs:
• OpenGL 4.5
• OpenCL™ 2.0
• DirectX® 12.1
(Radeon™ Pro WX 9100, Radeon™ Pro SSG and Radeon™ Vega Frontier Edition)
• DirectX® 12.0 (Other remaining products)
• Vulkan® 1.1
Compatible Operating Systems
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 18.Q2 is designed to support the following Microsoft Windows
• Microsoft Windows® 10 (32-bit and 64-bit version RS4)
• Microsoft Windows® 7 (32-bit and 64-bit version with SP1 or higher)
• Microsoft Windows® Server 2016 (64-bit version)
• Microsoft Windows® Server 2008 R2 (64-bit version)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)