Earlier this year, we saw Sony unveiling their WH-1000XM2 which took so much attention and got its title for being the best contender for Bose QuietComfort 35. Following that, the Sony WH-1000XM3 – the successor has been unveiled at IFA 2018.
The new WH-1000XM3 still has all the goodness we witnessed with the previous generation 1000XM2. But the new one has been finetuned in a lot of ways, which makes you want to pick this up from the stores instead. The new model has a major improvement to the Noise Cancelling technology. What they have done is include a newly developed HD Noise Cancelling Processor – called QN1, to deliver approximately 4 times greater performance.
To dive in a bit deeper, the headphones now can also cancel off mid to high range noise like street noise and human voices. This is – of course – on top of their existing feature, where you can negate the low-range noises from airplanes. The second thing they have improved is the sound quality. Now it comes with a high quality internal headphone amplifier. So, expect the headphones to stay on your ears for a longer period.
Other than that, the rest is pretty much the same as the predecessor. We have a 40mm CCAW Voice Coil Driver unit. With the support for DSEE HX. The headphone features a mini stereo jack and has been replaced with a USB-C port – which is a huge win for me. As for connectivity, it has an NFC on it and connects via Bluetooth. Finally, the 1000XM3 still offers the best in class 30 hours of battery life as well. Fret not, because even if you are out of battery – charging it just for 10 minutes can get you up to 5 hours of usage time.
Pricing and Availability
As it was just announced at IFA 2018, we know for a fact it will be heading to Malaysia sometime later in Q4 2018. Chances are the 1000XM3 will be priced similarly to the XM2’s RRP. If you are planning to get the previous generation, you can get it for RM899 right now at selected stores.
I’d personally would suggest – wait for the XM3 to hit the shores. It’s sure does look like it’s a lot better right now.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
Jaya Prithivi Raj
- iPhone XR Launched: “More Affordable” Version For The Masses?
- iPhone XS & iPhone XS Max Official: Same Design, New Internals
- Imported Xiaomi Smartphones Will Not be able to Flash Global ROM
- Pocophone F1 Review: The Flagship Killer’s Killer
- IFA 2018: Sennheiser Momentum True Wireless is an Audiophile Dream Come True