eWallet has been going strong lately and given how the major players are struggle a little here and there to be able to get more users on board, Malaysian Government does take the eWallet initiative seriously to make the whole Fintech side of things bloom. They took their first step with the e-Tunai Rakyat eWallet initiative and this time, there’s a new one – ePenjana where Malaysian Citizens can claim RM 50. But with three eWallets around, which one to go for and what is this ePenjana in the first place?
What is ePenjana?
Unlike the e-Tunai initiative, the ePenjana is a very different initiative to begin with. This is a program introduced under the Short term Economic Recovery Plan. Because of the whole COVID pandemic that took a big storm on Malaysians and people all over the world, the Malaysian Government in our case took the initiative to create a small benefit to purchase things which helps the users in some way. It’s a grand gesture to be able provide almost 15 Million Malaysians and that alone is a kind thing for the government to do given our current situation.
The major 3 e-Wallets that has partnered up and allow you to redeem the ePenjana RM 50 are:
- Touch ‘n Go eWallet
We decided to do this article to share, which seems to be the better wallet to redeem with and we are going to list out what each and every wallet is offering the customer – starting off with an eWallet we use a lot personally – Touch ‘n Go eWallet.
Are you Eligible?
In order to be eligible for the ePenjana, you will have to make sure that these 3 criterias have been fulfilled:
- Must be a Malaysian Citizen
- 18 years old and above as of or on 31 December 2020
- Earning less than RM100,000 a year based on the latest LHDN records
- Register on MySejahtera App
Here’s how you can claim your RM50 through the eWallet:
- Step 1: Download the MySejahtera App and register with your full Name as per your IC
- Step 2: Proceed to whichever eWallet that you prefer and go through a verification process to make sure its you by sending a photo of you and your IC.
- Step 3: Once the verification has been approved, you can proceed to claim the RM50 by pressing the Claim Now button in the eWallet service.
Touch ‘n Go eWallet
Hearing the name Touch ‘n Go eWallet, gives a familiarity to the nation’s most popular service (although the eWallet and the Touch ‘n Go Card are two totally different division). That aside, you can still use the RM50 for PayDirect by either binding your Touch ‘n Go card or with the MyRFID Tag instead. With TnG eWallet, not only you will be able to walk away with the RM50 but also get #ekstrarewards from more than 50 brands, valued at RM300 and some of them are as follows:
- Shell: RM2 Cashback with a minimum spending of RM40
- Starbucks: Instant RM5 Discount voucher with a minimum spending of RM25
- Watsons: RM10 Cashback with a minimum spending of RM100
- Tealive: RM3 off voucher with a minimum spending of RM13
- Family Mart: RM3 Cashback with a minimum spending of RM20
- DIY: RM1 Cashback with a minimum spending of RM20
- Lazada: RM3 Cashback with a minimum spending of RM15
- 7-Eleven: RM2 Cashback with minimum spending of RM20
- TGV Cinemas: RM5 off regular popcorn combo via TGV Website or app
- Tesco: RM10 Cashback with minimum spending of RM100
- Pizza Hut: RM6 Cashback with minimum spending of RM40
- Kenny Rogers: RM5 Cashback with minimum spending of RM25
- Secret Recipe: RM3 Cashback with minimum spending of RM30
- Sushi King: RM5 Cashback with minimum spending of RM50
- Legoland: Purchase any Full price adult ticket to enjoy free Child Ticket. Upto 4x Free Child Ticket may be redeemed per voucher, minimum spending of RM189.
- Lim Tayar: RM30 Cashback with minimum spending of RM300
- MOG Eyewear: RM15 Cashback with minimum spending of RM200
- Dunkin Donuts: RM1 Cashback with minimum spending of RM10
- Caring Pharmacy: RM3 Cashback with minimum spending of RM25
- F&N Life!: RM5 Cashback with minimum spending of RM50
- Hush Puppies: RM10 Cashback with minimum spending of RM100
- The Face Shop: RM30 Cashback with minimum spending of RM180
- Obermain: RM10 Cashback with minimum spending of RM100
- Hermo: RM6 Cashback with minimum spending of RM50
- YouBeli: RM6 Cashback with minimum spending of RM60
- Digi: Upto 9GB Bonus Internet when you reload your Digi Prepaid
- Childhood Basic: RM6 Cashback with minimum spending of RM50
- Vivo American Pizza: RM5 Cashback with minimum spending of RM30
- Hot & Roll: RM2 Cashback with minimum spending of RM10
- Thundermatch: RM5 Cashback with minimum spending of RM50
- King’s Confectionary: RM2 Cashback with minimum spending of RM20 at King’s and Pak Hailam Kopitiam.
- Medklinn: RM40 Cashback with minimum spending of RM400
- Medklinn: RM100 Cashback with minimum spending of RM800
- Viu: RM10 Cashback with minimum spending of RM48
- Aliments: RM3 Cashback with minimum spending of RM20
- B Café International: RM5 Cashback with minimum spending of RM50
- Sianghin: RM10 Cashback with minimum spending of RM100
- WOLO KL: RM20 Cashback with minimum spending of RM350
- HealthLane: RM4 Cashback with minimum spending of RM50
- Constant Pharmacy: RM10 Cashback with minimum spending of RM80
- Kasut U: RM3 Cashback with minimum spending of RM63
- CakeRush: RM10 Cashback with no minimum spending
- Flower Chimp: RM15 Cashback with no minimum spending
- Mala Mala: RM5 Cashback with minimum spending of RM30
- Sri Sutra Travels: RM5 Cashback with minimum spending of RM200
- Gold3 Boutique Hotel: RM15 Cashback with minimum spending of RM120
- Perromart: RM10 Cashback with minimum spending of RM99
- my: RM10 Cashback with minimum spending of RM100
- my: RM5 Cashback with minimum spending of RM50
- Amplecouture: RM3 Cashback with minimum spending of RM30
Moving on to the other interesting eWallet there is: GrabPay which is, again a widely popular eWallet as much as TnG eWallet is. With Grab, you will be able to claim the very same RM50 ePenjana offered by the government and on top of that, users will also get Grab Vouchers for their own service offerings like food, rides and so much more. On top of that, users will also stand a chance to win weekly bonuses from Grab and their partners worth RM75.
Starting with with their Grab Vouchers for all services include:
- RM 5 worth of vouchers each from
- Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf
- Kenny Rogers Roasters
- Sushi King
- RM 10 worth of vouchers each from
The Weekly bonus vouchers from Grab and their partners include:
- RM 5 worth of vouchers each from
- Grab Food
- Grab Mart
- Grab Express
- RM 5 worth of vouchers each from
- A Cut Above
- APT Salon
- KGB Burger
- Master Clean
- Penang Chendul
- S&J Co.
- Vivo American Pizza
- RM 10 worth of voucher from
- Aeon BIG
Last but not least, we have Boost. There are quite a number of users who still go for Boost given how their integration with Samsung Pay has made transactions easy for Samsung users but also at the same time they did revoke a feature where you can no longer transfer back the remaining money that you have on your eWallet to you bank anymore – which in my opinion is an absolute bummer given how they initially marketed to be the eWallet the way made with consumer’s opinion matter in mind. But anyway, with them – once again, you will be entitled to get the RM50 ePenjana which is offered by the government and they offer about RM80 Lifestyle rewards from their partners and with the #KasiTambah, they are also rewarding coins and vouchers which totals upto RM130 – that is if you’re lucky as it requires you to stand a chance to win – like a Perodua Myvi, Yamaha Y15ZR, Samsung TV, Smartphones and more.
In their T&C, Boost mentioned that the RM130 worth of benefits Users will get to enjoy on top of the RM50 are:
- RM60 Reward from Celcom XP Lite Postpaid Voucher
- RM20 worth Lifestyle voucher given at random when users spend a minimum of RM5 of their RM50 ePenjana
- An Entry to stand a chance to with prizes monthly like a Perodua Myvi, Yamaha Y15ZR, Gadgets and small goodies.
Which one to go for?
As much as we want to give a chance to Boost eWallet because we started using them ever since the whole shake it to win ad that pops up in your feed – the benefits that comes with their eWallet is the least exciting offers given how not many users in Malaysia use a Celcom line, making the RM60 Voucher a little worthless and the RM20 Lifestyle voucher is quite the gamble.
But that’s not the case with the other two: GrabPay and Touch ‘n Go eWallet. Let’s face it, not all of us are going to use every deal TnG has to offer but the fact that they have the highest amount of benefit does give them the upper hand, plus using it for Tolls also adds an extra benefit for users like myself who drives a lot. GrabPay has offers that benefits users who’d want things to be delivered to their doorstep with convenience and the extra vouchers to the salon does get your MCO hair away for a fabulous look and so much more.
At the end of the day, its up to you which one you’d go for – as it varies according to each and every user’s use case scenario. But what matters a lot to us is to make sure you go with the eWallet that benefits you the most.
“Jaya, which eWallet are you going with?”
As always, I have stuck with TnG eWallet the most and GrabPay second. I have claimed my RM50 on TnG eWallet as it will help me for Toll and maybe get some online shopping done via Lazada. Not gonna deny, that cashback is much better than voucher if you ask me. We hope this guide helped you to get your ePenjana from your favorite eWallet of choice. 🙂