ASUS’s newest ROG Phone 5 series of gaming phones have just left the oven and features high-end specs that you would expect from a top tier line of devices such as these.
First and foremost, the biggest difference of this year’s ROG Phone 5 series is that there are three different variants right off the bat; the ROG Phone 5, ROG Phone 5 Pro and ROG Phone 5 Ultimate. Each variant brings its own spec difference that makes it unique from one another.
The biggest difference between the ROG Phone 5 and the Pro and Ultimate variants lies in its aesthetics. The ROG Phone 5 Pro and ROG Phone 5 Ultimate features hidden rear touch sensors on the back cover, which provide L2/R2 trigger functions, just like a game console controller.
These also work together with the ultrasonic AirTrigger 5 sensors, the AeroActive Cooler 5 buttons and the motion controls to provide full control for a total gaming experience.
You can check out our previous coverage of the ROG Phone 5 series to know more about the full specifications of each device.
ROG Phone 5 series price and availability
The ROG Phone 5 series features a very reasonable starting price tag as compared to the previous generations, which makes it a lot more accessible to everyone who wishes to own one of the best gaming smartphones out there.
The ROG Phone 5 will come with a retail price of RM2,999 for the 8GB + 128GB version and RM3,799 for the 16GB + 256GB version. The ROG Phone 5 Pro in the meantime, will have a retail price of RM4,499 while the ROG Phone 5 Ultimate will come at a retail price of RM4,999.
Another thing of note is that the ROG Phone 5 will come in both the Phantom Black and Storm White colour variants. The Pro version, on the other hand, will come with a Phantom Black colour option only while the Ultimate will come in just a Storm White variant.
Furthermore, the new AeroActive Cooler5 will only be included together with the ROG Phone 5 Pro and ROG Phone 5 Ultimate. Those who are looking to purchase the base ROG Phone 5 model will have to pay extra in order to get the new AeroActive Cooler.
The ROG Phone 5 will launch this April is currently available now for pre-order from 11 to 27 March which will include a complimentary RPG 3 Kunai gamepad that’s worth RM499. The ROG Phone 5 Pro and ROG Phone 5 Ultimate will launch a little later in May.
As for the accessories that come with the ROG Phone 5 series, you can check out the full list down below.
- AeroActive Cooler 5 will be available this April 2021 and retails for RM149
- Lighting Armor Case (for ROG Phone 5) will be available this May 2021 and retails for RM199
- ROG Kunai 3 Gamepad (bundled with ROG Phone 5 bumper) will be available this April 2021 and retails for RM499
- ROG Kunai 3 Bumper for ROG Phone 5 will be available this April 2021 and retails for RM69
- ROG 1.8m USB-C to USB-C cable will be available this May 2021 and retails for RM59
- ROG Strix Go Core is available now and retails for RM319
- ROG Cetra II will be available this May 2021 and retails for RM499
- ROG Cetra II Core will be available this April 2021 and retails for RM199
The ROG Strix Go Core can also be purchased in a PWP bundle with the ROG Phone 5 for a special price of RM249. For more information, you can check ROG’s official website here.