Sonos just introduced a new generation of their Beam sound system, which offers an improved, more immersive sound experience with better depth and clarity, as well as Dolby Atmos support.
2nd generation Sonos Beam soundbar is out now
Fans can expect significant upgrades in quality, style, and packaging with the new Sonos Beam, which is compatible with over 100 streaming services available in the Sonos app.
Below are some of the features that come with the new Sonos Beam:
- 3D Audio with Dolby Atmos: Immersive sound technology that places you in the centre of the action, whether it’s experiencing planes as if they were flying overhead, hearing footsteps moving across the room, or feeling the score all around you.
- Enhanced Sound, Same Size: With more processing power and a newly developed phased speaker array, Beam steers and localizes sound around the room for a lifelike experience. The speaker is also now compatible with HDMI eARC on your TV, so you can experience your favourite movies and games in even higher definition sound with support for new audio formats.
- Sleeker Design: An updated polycarbonate grille that’s precisely perforated allows the speaker to sound great and blend seamlessly into your home, just like Sonos Arc.
- Easy, More Secure Set-Up: With just two cables and new NFC capabilities, setup is seamless and will have you listening in minutes. Simply open the Sonos app, follow a few prompts, and tap your phone to Beam.
- Sustainable Sound: The new Beam features sustainable packaging, including a premium uncoated kraft paper, a gift box made of 97% sustainable paper, and no single-use foam.
The new Beam, like all Sonos products, was calibrated with the help of the Sonos Soundboard, a group of industry heavyweights from music, movies, and more, to create the best and most genuine sound experience possible.
Trueplay, which detects and adapts the speaker’s sound for reflections off of walls and furniture, allows you to fine-tune Beam’s sound to give you the optimum listening experience for your environment and configuration.
Place the Sonos Beam in front of a standing TV or use the current Sonos Wall Mount for Beam to mount it to the wall. The Sonos app, your existing TV remote, several voice assistants, Apple AirPlay 2, music service apps, and more may all be used to operate the Sonos Beam.
The Sonos Beam can be used on its own or with a subwoofer and a pair of back speakers to provide even more immersive entertainment.
Sonos plans to support Amazon Music’s Ultra High-Definition audio, which will allow listeners to hear tracks in lossless audio up to 24-bit / 48kHz on their Sonos speakers, as well as Dolby Atmos Music when it launches later this year in select markets.
Ultra HD will be available on all S2 devices, except Play:1, Play:3, Playbase, and Playbar, at no additional cost to Amazon Music Unlimited members, while Dolby Atmos Music will be available on Arc and Beam (Gen 2).
Sonos also announced that later this year, the S2 platform would include support for decoding DTS Digital Surround Sound on the Playbar, Playbase, Amp, both generations of Beam, and Arc.
Sonos also announced that later this year, Amazon Music (currently unavailable in Malaysia) will offer both Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos Music, allowing users to enjoy the best quality streaming music and immersive 3D audio.
Pre-orders for the new Sonos Beam are now open on the Sonos website, and it will be available globally and in our major local stores starting October 6 for RM2,699, with pre-orders open now on the Sonos website.