It’s now easier to transfer WhatsApp material from your iPhone to your new Samsung Galaxy handset. When you move your full chat history, account information, voice notes, media, images, settings, and even your profile photo to your new Samsung smartphone, WhatsApp has launched a feature that preserves end-to-end encryption.
How to migrate your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Samsung?
Simply follow these steps to move your WhatsApp data from iPhone to Samsung (can also work with other Android devices):
- Turn on your new Samsung Galaxy smartphone and connect by cable to your iPhone when prompted.
- Follow the Samsung Smart Switch experience.
- When prompted, scan the QR code displayed on the new device using the iPhone’s camera.
- Tap Start on your iPhone and wait for the process to complete.
- Continue setting up your new Samsung.
- When you reach the home screen, open WhatsApp and log in using the same phone number used on your old device.
- Tap Import when prompted, and allow the process to complete.
- Finish activating your new device and you’ll see your chats waiting for you.
Before you start migrating your data, you must make sure that your new Android has been factory reset (or brand new out of the box) and that the Samsung SmartSwitch app is version 184.108.40.206 or greater on your new device.
Next, make sure that the Android version of WhatsApp is version 220.127.116.11 or greater on your Android device and that the iOS version is version 18.104.22.168 or greater on your iPhone.
That’s pretty much all you need to migrate your WhatsApp data from an iPhone to a Samsung device (or any other Android device). For more information on this new migrating feature, click on the link here.