DingTalk, a proprietary enterprise communication and collaboration platform has made its way to Malaysia. DingTalk is being launched in English, and Malaysia is the first country outside of China to receive the platform.
The Platform For Small & Medium-Sized Enterprises To Communicate
DingTalk comes with many organizational-centric functions which are meant to make communication between SMEs simple. The main features of the DingTalk platform are as follows:
- Unified Communications, whereby up to 3,000 parties will be able to participate in a single video / conference call.
- Office Automation allows businesses to manage day-to-day office errands such as attendance management. Also, approvals can be made through it, business reports maintained and files up to 700MB can be sent to participants.
- DingTalk also happens to be an open platform, which will allow third-party applications and services to be integrated into the platform.
- Collaboration between businesses will be simplified, as there is a feature in DingTalk called “Internal and External Collaboration”. This basically allows users to book and host meetings, create tasks and service tickets, and also start private chats.
- As security of a company’s internal communication is a priority, DingTalk too has made its priority when developing its platform. ISO/IEC 27001:2013 standard is present on DingTalk, meaning data is encrypted at SSL/TLS international security standards.
At the launch event, Hugo Zhu, the Chief Technology Officer of DingTalk mentioned that with the introduction of the platform in Malaysia, necessary support needs to be provided to businesses on the platform to optimize their communication and collaborations effort. With that being said, a service network and operational team is being built in Malaysia itself to assist with the platform.
While it remains to be seen whether DingTalk will be a success in Malaysia, it is already widely used in China. Currently, over 5 million enterprises and organizations in China are using the Chinese version of DingTalk. The platform is currently available on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac operating systems.